Musings On Country Life

Several months ago, we moved out to the country. Our home sits on 14 beautiful acres overlooking a river. Is this heaven or hell? As we adapt to country life, I find I need a creative outlet to share the trials and tribulations, as well as the joys of country life.

Ahh . . . . Country Life!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Weeds are a Good Thing

I use to be a perfectionist in caring for our lawn in town. I mowed every five days and hired a lawn service to come out and spray weeds and fertilize five times a year. We have already discussed why I'm done with fertilizer (See July posting). Now I have decided that weeds are a good thing. They quickly fill in the bare areas that have developed in the August heat. They have pretty little flower that seem to pop up overnight. And clover is really, really green! When I look at the 50 gallon tank and think about filling it with weed killer, I convince myself that weeds are a good thing. The only place that I really can't tolerate weeds is in the two mile long drive (notice that the driveway is getting longer as the heat and humidity settle in?)

No comments:

Post a Comment