Musings On Country Life

Several months ago, we moved out to the country. Our home sits on 14 beautiful acres overlooking a river. Is this heaven or hell? As we adapt to country life, I find I need a creative outlet to share the trials and tribulations, as well as the joys of country life.

Ahh . . . . Country Life!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dolly the Rebate Dog


Just when you think you have seen it all, you get a surprise in the mail. We adopted Dolly from a nearby animal shelter three years ago. She was 8 1/2 years old at the time, and when we applied for adoption, they offered us a discount due to her age. We laughed and told her that she was close to her expiration date.


About a month ago, the shelter contacted me to inquire if I had kept her vaccinations up to date. I sent them proof of vaccination, some photos and a letter telling them how much she was enjoying country living. When I went to the mailbox this week, I saw another letter from the humane society and I thought, "What? Do they want her back?" When I opened the letter, they had sent me a $10 rebate for keeping her three years and keeping her vaccinations current. When Gene came home, he said that pretty soon we would be making money on her! I laughed so hard as he spent the evening calling out, "Hey Rebate, do you want to go for a walk?"


Here is Dolly waiting for Gene to come home.
ADDENDUM: After posting this, Gene received a $2 rebate from a dropped policy. I couldn't resist pointing out that Dolly was worth more than he was.

2 comments:

  1. From Michelle:
    I loved your blog! Lots of funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly sounds like a wonderful member of the family. I bet if you filmed her being cute, it would go viral on Youtube. From that you could generate ad revenue, a book tour, and possibly a guest appearance on Leno?

    Just a throught... :-)

    ReplyDelete