Musings On Country Life

Several months ago, we moved out to the country. Our home sits on 14 beautiful acres overlooking a river. Is this heaven or hell? As we adapt to country life, I find I need a creative outlet to share the trials and tribulations, as well as the joys of country life.

Ahh . . . . Country Life!

Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm done with Fertilizer

Last spring, we noticed that the grass in the front yard was looking a bit thin. When Gene asked what we should do about it, I told him it just needed a bit of fertilizer. I spread some out and it began to rain. Who knew it would rain 23 days in June? July isn't looking to be much better. While people living in the low areas are worrying about flooding, I'm on top of a hill trying to mow and keep the grass in line. Not only did the grass fill in, it is flourishing!

A farmer came and cut hay on the 20 some acres just south of us last night. I just pointed to our yard and signaled for him to keep on cutting. He waved and laughed, but I'm not kidding. You know it is bad when you need a GPS to find your house while you are looking over the top of the grass! I'm done with fertilizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment