Musings On Country Life

Several months ago, we moved out to the country. Our home sits on 14 beautiful acres overlooking a river. Is this heaven or hell? As we adapt to country life, I find I need a creative outlet to share the trials and tribulations, as well as the joys of country life.

Ahh . . . . Country Life!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dolly vs. Alvin the Chipmunk

Each morning around 8:00, a chipmunk crawls out of the wood pile, yawns, stretches and wags his little tail at the picture window where Dolly sits on guard . . . and Dolly goes nuts.  She whimpers, she cries, she barks and begs to go outside.  When I let her out, Dolly races around the house spraying landscape rock in her wake determined to catch Alvin the chipmunk.  Alvin quickly burrows back into the wood pile and I swear I can hear him chuckling.  Dolly will run from one side of the wood to the other in absolute determination to catch the chipmunk.  You would think she would grow tired of missing the chipmunk, but she is determined and patient.  She will sit and stare and wait for some sign of life.  Alvin, on the other hand, is no dummy.  He curls up and takes a nap, knowing that eventually Dolly will go away.  And each day, I scoop the landscape rock back into place and shake my head.  Who is in charge here?
I'm ready to come in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment