Musings On Country Life

Several months ago, we moved out to the country. Our home sits on 14 beautiful acres overlooking a river. Is this heaven or hell? As we adapt to country life, I find I need a creative outlet to share the trials and tribulations, as well as the joys of country life.

Ahh . . . . Country Life!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shots Fired!

We took Dolly for her early morning walk down the driveway. It is so nice to be able to walk her without a leash. She gets in twice the miles that we do. Who knew the drive was so steep. It is fun going down, but coming up the hill is a challenge.

Just as we rounded the curve, I heard shots fired. I hit the deck . . . literally. I'm squatted down, my eyes are huge with fear . . and I look up and see Gene laughing. He says between gasping breaths, "It's just hunters." Who cares! They are firing guns for God's sake. I've seen the stealthy movements of soldiers and action heroes on T.V. The ones who duck when shots are fired live longer than those who stand and look around. And for those who laugh . . . I'm not talking to you.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, did I get a great visual of you hitting the ground with eyes open wide! That would make a good Seinfeldt episode....hmmmm. I could see Kramer doing this well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Nancy:
    Love it and I know exactly what you mean about country living--the trash, the drive, the hunters!!!

    ReplyDelete