Musings On Country Life

Several months ago, we moved out to the country. Our home sits on 14 beautiful acres overlooking a river. Is this heaven or hell? As we adapt to country life, I find I need a creative outlet to share the trials and tribulations, as well as the joys of country life.

Ahh . . . . Country Life!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow, snow and more snow . . .


Okay, whose idea was it to move out to the country?
I seriously want to find out the name of the county snow plow driver who keeps burying the entrance to my driveway. I swear he comes by fifteen times a day. No Christmas candy for him! Six more inches of the white fluffy stuff overnight, with another two to three expected. Oh, and did I mention wind. We are under a freaking "Winter Storm Warning" for another 24 hours.


The weather man smiles pleasantly as he says that blowing snow will create white out conditions and travel is not advised. How can you smile when you say that?
Here is a photo of Dolly coming back inside. She is a city dog. How does she find her way back to the front door?
Wait . . . do I hear the snow plow again?

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if those poor snow plow drivers wear bullet proof vests?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same problem with the snowplow man and our driveway. I tried to bribe him with "foods" to get him to turn his blade when he goes by. It didn't work. I think that they get some kind of enjoyment out of plowing people in. ??? I'm wondering if money would talk better! Oh yea, I had another idea to help your snow removal. You now know where the drifts will mostly be, so you can put up snow fence next year! Another idea would be to plant something that would stop the snow from blowing there, like evergreen trees. You may need to invest in your own maintainer!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete