Musings On Country Life

Several months ago, we moved out to the country. Our home sits on 14 beautiful acres overlooking a river. Is this heaven or hell? As we adapt to country life, I find I need a creative outlet to share the trials and tribulations, as well as the joys of country life.

Ahh . . . . Country Life!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Days of Summer

Memorial Day weekend brings the unofficial beginning of summer, and you know what that means . . . let the fairs begin! After two years of "getting settled," my goal for the summer is to visit as many small town festivals and county fairs as I can. I plan to eat my way through four counties in my quest for local flavor.


Hiawatha Hog Wild Days
Urbana Corn Days
Independence Brew-B-Q
Center Point Pork Days
Atkins Watermelon Days
Blairstown Sauerkraut Days
Monticello Red, White and Boom Bicycle Fest
North Liberty BBQ Roundup
154th Annual Great Jones County Fair
Benton County Fair
Johnson County Fair
Iowa Beer Festival
Wild West Weekend
Iowa City Jazz Fest
Woodfest

Fish Days, Dairy Days, every kind of corn or pork days, the list goes on and on. And I may hit 20 or so pancake breakfasts along the way. But I'm a little worried about the Keystone Testical Festival. I will let you know more about it once it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment